Monday Made It!

3:15 PM



I'm super excited to be participating in my first link party from 4th Grade Frolics. I've been really busy this week and have so much to share!



I made some multiplication manipulatives for my classroom and my friend's. It took me maybe 20 minutes and I just know it is going to help so much when I introduce the concept of multiplication. 



My poor TPT store has been sitting neglected for months as I struggled to survive my first year as a third grade teacher. The past two days I have uploaded two things! One free, one paid. Sadly I don't have pictures because I can't print them. I went to Walmart to buy ink this morning and ended up ordering it on Amazon as I stood in their ink aisle. Yikes it was so expensive! So now I just have some newly purchased AstroBright paper patiently waiting. Sigh.

This game came to me in the shower like most good thoughts of mine. It's for fact fluency and I named it Fact Fight. I made my husband and son play it with me on these barely visible copies I'd printed. It was pathetic. 



I can't wait until I get actual, useful pictures! 




So I bought this organizer on clearance at Target. 
That's my The Matrix puzzle in the background. Try not to be jealous.

I've seen some people using it as a close reading toolkit and thought that was really cool. Then I had the idea to use them as a Literature Circle kits and then wouldn't let it go. So I decided to make cards with each of the jobs we use in lit circles. And I used GLITTER and uploaded them as a freebie. I'll make the whole kit soon and upload. 



Last, I've been updating my blog here! I was craving a simple layout and found this one at ThemeXpose. If you can install it yourself, they have tons of free templates. It was super easy to customize. I made my new header using a free program and it was done! (No picture necessary here, right?)

Now I'm off to link up and read some blogs!


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love your blog update!! I just updated mine - today! I wish I had seen your post earlier because I paid for mine - although it wasn't too much and I like it. Yours looks wonderful! Visit me at PJ Jots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went and looked and it looks great! Your banner is adorable!

      Delete
  2. If you have an HP printer, check out their instant ink program. I got tired of driving from store to store hunting for ink! Love your blog colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't. But I think the next one I buy will be. I looked into the program and it's awesome. Wish Canon did it too!

      Delete
  3. I second checking out the HP Instant Ink program! It is such a money saving program! I wish I was patient enough to update my blog. I've already updated twice in the past four summers, so maybe next summer!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked into the program and really wish that I had an HP. Definitely the next one. We really run through ink. I really like your blog colors!

      Delete
  4. Your blog looks great! I am about to get mine redone too! Love your multiplication manipulatives. How do you have the kids use them? Give them sets of the same? Thanks for linking up all your fun and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to just use them when I introduce the concept so they can have concrete models of equal groups to grab and count before we switch to the more abstract and memorization. I'm looking forward to using them to demonstrate the commutative property of multiplication too. I think it will really make it click. I imagine some kids will need them longer especially if they lack number sense. :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome. This was my first time here this week, as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete